Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Remember Who You Are and Let your Light Shine

When I was growing up I used to always wonder about life. I used to wonder what was the purpose of life, when everyday different news stories would come across the television news, or the newspapers with so many unexplainable events. And most of the events were always about tragedies, deaths, disease..... and not too much joy. It hasn't changed much and seems to be increasing.

I have a little card that was given to my graduating yoga teacher training class with a title - Always remember who you are, & why you are here. That is a little challenging as we get caught up in everyday life. After reading the card I was reminded of my mom singing to me when I was little, 'This Little Light of Mine'. The words were:

This little light o' mine, I'm gonna let it shine,
This little light o' mine, I'm gonna let it shine,
This little light o' mine, I'm gonna let it shine,
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

So I am finding that yogic process of practicing asanas, meditating and chanting enables me to live my life more fully and with more conscious awareness to let that light shine. And that the purpose of life is to remember that we are that shining Light at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment