Saturday, December 19, 2009

Eye Sight vs. Insight

It is noticed that when one gets older, one has to use eyeglasses to see more clearly to read, or even to see things in more perspective, like your skin, to put on eyeliner, to see the make-up, driving, etc. In other words, things looked at get a little blurry (from all the close-up narrow viewing one does).

When I had been taking the Bikram Yoga classes, where one is directed to look in the mirror at one’s body postures, I have noticed that the farther back I am, the less I see any “imperfections” my mind would pick up. I have realized that the blurry effect is really quite nice. It is aligned with nature in the fact that instead of focusing on the so called imperfection of the outer body, the focus is from within. Another realization that came to me is that the farther back one is (from the mirror), a bigger picture is seen and there is less tendency of getting stuck on the little stuff or only seeing one piece of the picture. It’s like as one lives more, the mundane things that seemed important, no longer are. What is important is to live fully in the moment and appreciate it fully.


Related post:


No comments:

Post a Comment