Sunday, December 20, 2009

Through Children's Eyes

We just had the first snow in New York City last night 12/19/09. And before it came, all we heard from the weather people was about this big storm that is coming. A lot of stress is created as a result. I was in a store in the early afternoon and I heard an adult rushing a child to make up their mind on choosing a gift for someone because "it is starting to snow". As adults, the wonders of nature, or the elements apparently no longer hold that wonder. Today, Sunday 12/20/09, people are out digging out their cars, their sidewalks. The kids are just enjoying the snow. To them it is a wondrous event. They are delighted. They run and play in it. The slide in it and make snowmen. They enjoy the moment! If the adults can just take a moment and enjoy the silence and the beauty of it. It also helps us to see where we are physically as well a mentally.

The other day, I was spending time with my granddaughter. She wanted me to pick her up, holding on to her hands and swing her from side to side. It was just sheer fun and delight on her face. I was having a good time too swinging her. It made me happy to see that just this simple interaction is so enjoyable and in the present moment! Through children’s eyes it is really a gift and a wake up call to be free!

No comments:

Post a Comment