Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Open To Receive

I'm sure that some of us are wondering why we don't have more in our lives. It could be more money, more love, more people, more whatever. Could it be that we are not open to receive? Could it be that we are constantly scrutinizing situations, people, motives. Even more paranoid?

The other day I was sharing some thoughts with a family member about a person that showed up in my life as always giving "things" to me. I have accepted "things" from others occasionally. These things I speak of are tokens of gratitude and appreciation on their part for what they have "learned" from me in class or in friendship. I saw myself ask why is this person giving me all this stuff? What are their alternative motives? So as I shared my thoughts, my family member just listened. And then Ta Da! I had an epiphany or light bulb moment. I finally got it that if I cannot accept these small gifts of gratitude from one person, how will I be able to accept greater gifts from the universe? "I" then saw this as a test or a wake up call to be grateful in the moment. That really helped to set "me" free!

As I am writing this post, I am also realizing that that is how the entire universe works! The sun shines on everyone and everything. The grass doesn't say I'm not going to accept the sunlight. The water doesn't say it is not going to flow. The flowers, trees and animals don't say why is the sun shining on me and what is the motive? Nature is always open to receive and so should we be. It is in the receiving that we also give the giver a chance to receive on their end as well. When we block the giver we might offend them as well as stunt both our growth as well as theirs in sharing and giving.

Enjoy the short reading that relates to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment